In this intensive one day hands on computer workshop, longtime Photoshop instructor Natasha Calzatti will cut through the complexity in Photoshop and help you to master it as a photographic tool.
Natasha will show you the fundamentals of Photoshop, how to do the things most beginners are wanting to do when they first open up the program. This workshop is designed in mind for the Lightroom or beginner Photoshop user.
• Adobe Bridge, the next-generation File Browser, where you can process multiple camera raw images at once, resize, rate, and label thumbnails; quickly review images in Slideshow mode, and search metadata.
• Adobe Camera Raw processing, enjoy automatic adjustments of exposure, shadows, and brightness and contrast; and much more.
Note Lightroom users: The two topics above will be part of your Lightroom workflow.
• How to remove blemishes or ‘touch up’ a portrait (using the Spot Healing Tool)
• Working with Layers and Adjustment Layers
• Working with Masks
• How to Crop
• How to adjust exposure and fix colour-cast problems (using the Camera RAW filter)
• How to remove an object from a photo (using Content Aware Fill)
• How to move an object in a photo (using Content Aware Move) and duplicate/transform content
• How to remove a subject from a photo and place it on a new background (using Smart Select and Refine Edge)
• How to add text
• How to save your photos in both editable and sharable formats
This class takes place in our state of the art computer lab where each student is assigned a 27-inch iMac 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. You do not need to bring a laptop.
Parking information can be found here.
What to bring:
A link to download a PDF notes for the Photoshop Basic class will be emailed to attendee prior to the course. Please download these notes and bring them with you to the course.
Natasha will be using the Photoshop for Lightroom Users by Scott Kelby book, as a textbook. This is not required but recommended. If you choose to purchase it from Samy’s as a student you will receive 20% off; the cost is about $32.00. Go to the film counter and say that you are taking the class.
Please bring 25-50 images on a flash drive or hard drive. Best if the images were shot in RAW format. Several images from the same shoot will be ideal for synchronization. Jpegs, tiffs, or psd are okay. If you don’t have images we will provide them for you.
We strongly suggest that you have the Photoshop software installed on your home computer so you can practice the technique learned in class. If you wish, you can download Photoshop CC as a free trial for 30 days from Adobe.com.
By purchasing or registering for this course you agree to Samy’s Photo School Terms and Conditions.
Our refund and cancelation policy can be found here.
Students must be 18 years of age to attend courses and events. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.