For both photographers and filmmakers, incorporating a large monitor into their workflow has become increasingly popular, both in studio and on location. Technology, grip gear, and the decreased expense of monitors and TVs has made it more affordable and easier than ever.
There are several reasons to mount a monitor, including but not limited to:
- For photographers, to view images while shooting tethered even in greater detail on a larger screen than their laptop
- OR for positioning a monitor for a client or assistant to review images during or after a shoot so they’re not hovering over the photographer’s workstation
- Create a video village to watch, review and collaborate on video shoots
Photographers and filmmakers need their mounting options to be as dynamic as their photo shoot. Monitors need to be able to be mounted to studio stands, not the wall. And they need to be mounted fast. Time is money, don’t be the hold up on set fumbling with mounting your monitor.
The Rock Studio VESA Studio Monitor Mount is a beast. Featuring all-metal construction, the mount is designed and manufactured to hold monitors up to 80 lbs (35.5kgs) and can be mounted to common C-stands and light stands utilizing the standard 5/8″(16mm) baby junior pin.
The VESA Vu Monitor Quick Release System adds versatility and simplifies the mounting process. Rather than performing a balancing act while trying to secure your monitor, this kit comes with a separate VESA plate that is first attached to the back of your monitor and then slides on and clips into a Quick Release Locking Base that is mounted to the Rock Studio VESA Studio Monitor Mount. Once clipped in, your monitor is held secure and can be tilted and rotated.
To keep the setup truly mobile, we recommend that you keep the box and packaging material that your monitor came in. The VESA plate mounts flush and has a low-profile so that the system can stay attached to the back of your monitor between shoots while the monitor is boxed up.
Do you use your monitor in multiple locations and want a quick and easy way to connect to both a stand and desk? Add on a Rock Solid VESA Quick Release Locking Base for each additional location that you need to mount your monitor. When used with the Rock Solid VESA Quick Release System, this Locking Base provides an extra mounting base for a VESA compliant monitor.
Setting It Up
- Set up your C-Stand or Rolling Studio Stand
- Attach the VESA Vu Monitor Plate to your monitor
- Attach the Quick Release Locking Base to the Rock Solid VESA Studio Monitor Mount
- Mount the Rock Solid VESA Studio Monitor Mount to the standard 5/8” (16mm) baby junior pin on your stand
- Secure the monitor to the VESA Studio Monitor Mount by sliding and clipping the VESA Vu Monitor Plate onto the Quick Release Locking Base. Once clipped in, your monitor is held secure and can be tilted and rotated.
- A C-Stand or Rolling Studio Stand which provides the necessary 5/8” (16mm) junior baby pin for mounting the Rock Solid VESA Studio Monitor Mount for Stands.
- A monitor with the common VESA 75x75mm or 100x100mm configuration mounting holes so that it’ll be compatible with both the VESA Vu Monitor Quick Release System and Rock Solid VESA Studio Monitor Mount for Stands. Tether Tools has a line of adapter plates if needed for different VESA configurations.
- The Rock Solid VESA Vu Monitor Quick Release System for easily attaching and removing your monitor on-the-fly.
- A Rock Solid VESA Studio Monitor Mount for Stands for securing the monitor to the studio stand.